Senior Regional Airport Project Manager
NC Department of Transportation
Raleigh, NC United States
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://bit.ly/3pBQB3g by midnight EST on June 15, 2021 to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 165+ reviews.
We are looking for a Senior Regional Airport Project Manager to manage all airport projects for ~30 airports in western North Carolina. Your leadership will oversee ~150 projects totaling $200M+ in grant funds through various stages.
In this role you will:
- Lead, supervise, train and ensure consistency of Airport Project Managers as they assist local municipal and county governments/councils and commissions coordinating long- and short-range planning, design, construction, and administration of financial assistance for state- and federally-funded grant projects.
- Track and approve through concurrence and collaboration all project activities from concept to completion including project feasibility and eligibility, funding, consultation, investigation, evaluation and planning, public involvement, design, design review and approval, determination of environmental and safety impacts, property acquisition, environmental issues, budget, and approval for project letting to ensure timely delivery of infrastructure and other projects, including progress throughout construction/implementation.
- Work with unique, unprecedented, and sometimes technically-complex factors as evidenced by a high number of variable sand inter-related considerations. Work is performed independently requiring professional knowledge of complex or detailed technical procedures, and both state and federal regulations.
- Work closely with Rural/Metropolitan Planning Organizations (RPOs/MPOs) planning Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) aviation projects.
- Collaborate with the all stakeholders, including local/county government officials including airport managers, planners, Town managers, elected officials and councils and boards, Board of Transportation members, NCDOT staff in other departments, and private engineering firms regarding the status, technical issues, negotiations, feasibility, and compliance issues associated with existing and potentially funded projects.
- Work with airport owners, economic development managers and/or groups and boards, community colleges, businesses and professional organizations to explore and support economic development opportunities at their airports.
- Serve as a technical expert on FAA/State regulations and statewide programs to airport owners and consultants.
- Provide engineering and design guidance based on state and FAA standards to airport owners and private engineering firms.
- Exercise good judgement and decision–making discretion that may set precedent and directly impacts the life, health, safety, and environment.
- Identify and make recommendations for policy, training Airport Project Managers
- Lead and deliver special projects/programs benefiting all stakeholders.
What You Bring
- Expert professional knowledge of principals and practice of civil engineering related to aviation and transportation planning, including design practices, contract and specification preparation and administration, pavement design, project management including scheduling principles, geology, earthmoving, drainage, paving, electrical systems, and environmental.
- Technical expertise in the approval and oversight of complex projects ensuring compliance, compatibility with statewide aviation infrastructure plan, and compliance with state and FAA engineering principles and design and construction standards.
- Demonstrated ability to research issues with technical and regulatory complexity and provide recommendations for resolution to airport owners and engineering consultants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills especially in public speaking, technical writing, negotiations, and conflict resolution
- Experience working with local government managers and elected officials
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, SAP, CADD, Microsoft Project/Scheduling and GIS.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, and
- 4+ years of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Note: May require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Call me: Eileen Cusyck at 919.814.0581
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs