City of Dunn, NC
Dunn, NC United States
Application open until filled.
Perform intermediate technical work with applicable zoning and land use development regulations, coordinate review of land development proposals for compliance with zoning regulations, investigate complaints of possible zoning violations, participate in the subdivision review process, provide general support assistance to activities of the Planning and Inspections Department, Planning Board, Board of Adjustment, and Technical Review Committee, and related work as required. Work is performed under the supervision of the Planning Director.
Minimum training and experience
- General knowledge of zoning and subdivision ordinances.
- General understanding of planning principles and practices and the basic governmental and administrative framework in which planning operates.
- General understanding of the principles and practices of research and data collection.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, tailored to specific audiences, orally and in writing, in front of a group and one-on-one.
- Familiarity with computer programs and applications, including Microsoft Office, Arc GIS Pro, permitting software, database management, and Internet applications.
- Ability to review site plans and apply provisions of the ordinances and codes to determine compliance and apply that understanding to field conditions.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, as needed.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Ability to explain rules and procedures clearly to the public, orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather relevant information to solve practical problems, and to address citizen inquiries and concerns.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in urban planning, architecture, geography, social sciences, or related work experience that provides comparable skill sets.